Delicious restaurant-style fried rice that you can make at home!
4 c. cooked white rice (chilled)
1/4 c. cooked bacon, chopped
1/4 c. browned ground beef, finely chopped
3 Tbs butter (unsalted)
1 Tbs bacon fat (save when cooking bacon)
3 large eggs
1/4-1/3 c. soy sauce (low sodium)
1/4 c. chopped green onion
1/2 tsp sesame seeds
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat griddle to 400.
2. Melt butter and bacon fat on griddle.
3. Spread out the chilled rice on the griddle. It should be sizzling and start to brown.
4. Mix in the beef and bacon with the rice, then move the mixture to one side of the griddle.
5. Whisk eggs and pour on the empty side of the griddle. Keep moving them with the spatula, they will cook quickly at 400 degrees.
6. Once the eggs are no longer runny, but not yet brown, combine with the rice.
7. Add in the soy sauce, onion, salt, pepper, and sesame seeds. Stir until combined, then remove from heat and serve.
We love getting fried rice from our local Chinese restaurant, but the cost is just way too high for 8 of us. We can make this at home for much cheaper, less than $5.00 for eight servings!
Cost of ingredients:
Rice – $0.50
Bacon – $0.30
Beef – $0.30
Butter – $0.25
Eggs – $0.45
Soy sauce – $0.20
Remaining ingredients – $0.20
Total cost for four servings – $2.20
That’s only $0.55 each serving!
Linking up at Org Junkie for Menu Plan Monday