1-3. Run a 5k, 10k and 15k this year. Haven’t done these yet, but I’m already training for the 5k I have scheduled in February!
4. Track my food. All of it. I did well with this up until the weekend. It’s so crazy around here, I literally can’t remember what I eat sometimes. I definitely need to get on top of it this week. I also need to cut out alcohol completely instead of tracking it. It’s going to ruin my journey to healthy if I don’t just dump it all the way. Shame, because I love my wine!
5. Attend bootcamp at least 3 days a week. I attended all 4 days this week, plus got in 2 5k training sessions! A total of 259 minutes of exercise, woohoo!
6. Lose 15 pounds by Easter. So last week I posted that I lost 3 pounds, but that’s gone back up 2.4 pounds, probably from all the alcohol I consumed and some carb heavy meals I made a few nights. It’s alright though, I’ll get rid of those pounds eventually!
7. Drink 10+ cups of water each day. Really had a hard time getting in more than 6 cups until I gave in and bought a $3.00 water bottle at Aldi with a straw. Man, did that make a difference! It holds 4 cups, and I can easily drink several full bottles each day!
8. Do yoga 3 days a week. Still hasn’t happened. But I did drag out the wii fit balance board. Goal this week: TURN IT ON.
9. Get to bed before midnight. Super fail at this one. If I don’t get in bed by 10:00pm, I’m up until 3:00am. Definitely have to be more organized during the day so I don’t have as much work left to do in the evenings. And I need to get off youtube!
One big thing I’m working on is really keeping up with what I cook. I rarely eat out, and make most meals from scratch without measurements, which makes it kind of a pain to track. I’m having to make a conscious effort to measure everything out before I put it in the pot, so I can add it all up and get the nutritional info for my meals. Not too bad in the end though, because I’m building a recipe database that my kids (who love to cook) can use too!
Another thing, I am really proud of myself for getting started with my 5k training. It’s definitely not easy, probably one of the most difficult things I’ve ever done to be honest. I start out excited, quickly get winded and feel like the fattest lard ass on the planet, usually start to tear up a bit, but somehow manage to drag myself through the whole 40 minutes. And then I feel like I can do ANYTHING! It’s such an emotional rollercoaster, but I think it’s a good thing, sort of cleansing of the soul for me. And hopefully I don’t look too crazy out there!
How was this week for you? Share your success (or uh-ohs) below so we can all encourage each other!
“This post is sponsored by Mamavation – a community dedicated to obesity prevention & weight loss for women and I’m writing this to be entered into a giveaway” at the bottom of your post.