I’m going to totally revamp my Monday posts to give you more encouragement and tips for becoming healthier in 2013!
Instead of this boring old checklist, I’ll be doing a brief update on my week, and sharing a tip, recipe, exercise, etc. that I hope you will find helpful in your journey.
I’ll also be adding a link up to the bottom of each post for relevant health/fitness posts from others! It’s a great way to learn more about what others are doing to get fit, since everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you. Please be sure to “like” the posts you find most helpful, as I’ll be featuring some of the most popular ones each week!
Of course, if you are a blogger, please feel free to come and link up each week and share your posts with tips, successes, recipes, and more! I’ll be choosing one blog each week to highlight in the following week’s link up!
So let’s get started!
1. 5k training – I got in 3 sessions this week, yay! I am already seeing a dramatic increase in my run times. Best mile time this week was 12:28, woohoo! (I’m using a plan from Run Like A Mother, in case you’re interested.)
2. Boot camp – I only went one day this week, shame on me! My hubs was sick on Monday and Tuesday, and leaving 6 kids with a bedridden parent equals disaster. Wednesday was awesome with running and sprinting. Of course, I felt like I was going to die at the time! I was raring to go on Thursday, but then class was cancelled due to the crappy weather. (If you can’t exercise outdoors because of yuck weather, but have trouble working out with kids underfoot in the house, check out these 10 easy exercises you can incorporate into playtime!)
3. Meals/water/alcohol – I didn’t track one single thing this week. Argh! But I *did* drink a lot more water and completely refrain from alcohol with the exception of one beer for GNO on Saturday! That’s a big accomplishment for me, as I can be quite the boozehound. If you’re going to be at a social event and plan to have a drink, here are some tips for making diet friendly adult beverage choices.
4. Bed by midnight – Big, fat fail on this one! I have been working on teaching myself more about social media marketing and SEO, and as a result have been up late every night reading and researching. It’s the only time I get without interruptions, lol! I’m going to work on being in bed by 1:00am instead of 3:00am for now. I came across this awesome site that helps you figure out what time you should try to get up, based on when you are going to bed and the average sleep cycle.
5. Weight loss – I’m down 6 pounds total (from 164.4 to 158.4) since January 1st! Yay! Only 9 pounds to go until my goal of 15 pounds by Easter, which is a little over 9 weeks away. I can do this!
Overall, this week was okay. I didn’t do too bad, but I didn’t blow it out of the water either. I didn’t quit though, and I think that’s big. I struggle with sticking with it, but I’m three weeks in and going strong!
For more inspiration and tips, check out some of the awesome Healthy Living Monday link ups below! Be sure to “like” their post if you really enjoyed what they shared!
In addition to the link ups listed below, be sure to check out the #Mamavation Sistas posts over at the Mamavation website! They link up every Monday, and this week is the start of the Mamavation Moms boot camp! If you are interested in getting healthier this year, and would like to be a part of an awesome community of women, you should definitely consider pledging the Sistahood!
I would love to have you join me for my weekly Healthy Living Monday Link Up! Posts about exercise, fitness tips, healthy recipes, mental clarity, wellness and more are all welcome. Please understand, posts that are not related to healthy living, or that encourage dangerous/risky behavior will be removed.
Grab the button on my sidebar or include a text link back to get started, and so that others can join in the fun! And of course, comments are always appreciated!
I’ll share some of the most popular posts the following week, and of course pin my favorites over on my Healthy Living Pinterest board!